10.08.2008

The Bare Minimum

Elder M. Russell Ballard said that the joy of motherhood comes in moments. If I graded this day as a whole, it would not pass as a "good day." So here are the moments:

1. Canon, Taesya, and I cooking dinner together. Canon washed the potatoes and carrots, I peeled and chopped, Taesya put it all in the crockpot and mixed. The three of us lined up making beef stew; it was like a commercial.

2. Hearing them laugh together in the bathtub. Happy laughing, no one crying. I just watched and smiled.

3. Taesya said, in the nicest voice, "Mom, can I please have a graham cracker to eat outside?"

So I'm clinging to the moments cuz sometimes that's all I have. Take a deep breath and count down till bedtime. Hopefully somewhere in their little prayers they'll say thank you for mommy tonight.

1 Comments:

Dave said...

Those are beautiful moments Am. Thanks for sharing them.

I wish there had been a photo taken of the three of you making stew. Priceless.

Post a Comment

A Penny for your Thoughts?