4.14.2008

Craving Music

The radio is taunting me, "Listen between 6am and 6pm and you can win tickets to see Jason Mraz in HAWAII." As they play all of my favorite Jason Mraz songs, I am somewhere between weeping and strangling the radio. I know I have a zero percent chance of winning a trip to anywhere, let alone a tropical island. It's just cruel to put ads like that on the radio.

In Bowmans (grocery store), the other day, I saw the poster advertising Davis High School's upcoming Prom. They are finally back at the Utah State Capitol for the first time since 2003, and their theme is "You Have Stolen My Heart." (An amazing song by the band Dashboard Confessionals.) Davis always picks a song to be the theme for each dance, and normally they are terribly lame. But I have to admit I got a little jealous of all those little Davis girls, this prom. Picking out their dresses, getting all excited, riding to the capital to dance to Dashboard. Sometimes I really miss High School.

So I'll do the best I can. Pop in my Jason Mraz or Dashboard Confessionals CD, put on my headphones, and drown out reality. I might just imagine myself at the Prom. If I imagine REALLY hard, I could even end up in Hawaii. Oh I am craving music. Like the deserts miss the rain, I tell ya.

3 Comments:

sNick said...

Wow, I didn't know that the DHS student body was capable of choosing a good prom song. I remember when we were choosing the homecoming theme. We had voted and decided to chose "One" by U2. I thought the decision making was over. Then, out of nowhere, someone pulled out a cheesy country CD, and Bono got ousted to some cowboy with a one-hit-wonder. Argh!!! I got your message. I'll call you back soon!

kalie said...

Speaking of laaaaame prom themes, this year at GHS is Midnight in Paris. What are you going to be doing at midnight? And in Paris? I think lost.

Kirk and Janelle Tingey said...

Amber?!! Is it really you?!! I'm so glad that I found you! What a great blog! I've always wondered what you are up to and how things are going, and now I can get an update. What a cute little family you have. You look like such a good mom with your kids. I'm excited to stay in touch with you!

Post a Comment

A Penny for your Thoughts?