5.18.2007

Eternal Perspective


My job is to be at home. On the surface, my life is way boring. Because I repeat the same tasks every day, every week, every month. To the world, I’m not doing a whole lot; I’m going nowhere.

Looking at it eternally, though: When Taesya and Canon wake up, Mom is there with a kiss and a hug. Achievements, ouchies, games, “Big big World,” all these are better when Mom is there, too. Canon and Taesya think I’m the funniest, most capable person they know; their love is the closest I get to heaven all day long.

It’s crazy that even in my ward callings, I almost never look at things “through the lense of eternity.” (Pres. Faust) I always focus on what I want, or what will look good to others. Boy, I sound shallow. But if I’m honest with myself, I realize that I need to adjust my viewpoint. I need a greater Eternal Perspective.

Tonight: I have done my best to nurture, protect, and love my two babies. I have cleaned, kept, and tried my best to fill my home with the Spirit. We worked toward some goals, spent time with extended family… See? Don’t our smallest days seem so much meatier that way? My goal this week is to shift my focus heavenward; my efforts really do mean something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

A Penny for your Thoughts?