5.22.2007

Strong Emotions


In theater we did an exercise where we were told to choose a strong emotion to use in a monologue. Mad and sad were obviously options, but our teacher also listed extreme happiness. I never categorized happiness as a strong emotion, so obviously I didn’t pick it for my monologue. I have since learned better.

Relationships, really passionate relationships, such as husband-wife or mother-child, are tied so strongly to your emotions. All of them. It’s amazing to me how I can be so angry at Ben and then suddenly burst into tears, becoming not offensive but defensive. Or when Ben tickles me I always end up mad. Also, my children are very frusterating, to the point that I almost lock myself in the bathroom. I get more and more mad, about to scream, but the next button they push makes me laugh and laugh. It’s so odd to me.

Those strong emotions are so closely tied to one another. I can shift from one to the next without any logical trigger, whatsoever! At the end of this day, I’m smiling at the utter chaos. And how in the world does Ben fall asleep that fast? (In the time it took me to write this post, at 8:00pm… Life!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

A Penny for your Thoughts?