8.15.2008

And I Miss You


Ben is at Scout Camp, somewhere in the mountains. He's hiking, fishing, and eating dry foods.

We are still here, where we always are. Playing, working, getting by better than I thought we could without him.

But I miss that Ben guy. I've grown accustomed to his face. I don't know the last time I went so long without even a phone call from him. Even though he drives me nuts sometimes, I sure wish he'd come back and never leave again. But honestly, it's good to know that I can do it on my own. (Not financially, of course.) But now I know I can survive, that if I lean on Heavenly
Father, I can do just fine.

Some defining moments in my life: Pioneer Trek, AP Calculus, and Scout Camp 2008

3 Comments:

kalie said...

Thanks for the nod to My Fair Lady. I don't love any other musical as much as that one.... well, maybe that's a lie. But I love it and I heart you. :)

Kirk and Janelle Tingey said...

It's funny sometimes, how you realize that you love your husband when he's gone :) It drives my husband nuts sometimes.

marciea casselman said...

Boyd went camping with the 11-year-old scouts this past weekend and I was so excited to have alone time!! I went to the video store and got a movie and had some great snacks and then the kids took over the TV in the basement and Brock had a double date in the kitchen and family room. I stayed in my bedroom and read and was actually a little bored. It was nice to see him home again.

Post a Comment

A Penny for your Thoughts?