8.11.2008

Dream

It was a boy. He was so tiny and adorable and quiet. I was just going about my life carrying him around when he showed some interest in the red punch Taesya was drinking. She gave some to him and he drank like a child dying of thirst. Then it hit me - I hadn't fed him. When was the last time I had? What day was it? We'd been home from the hospital a week already!?! I only remember feeding him once.

So I fed that sweet little boy and he fell asleep satisfied. But it just ripped out my heart that he had suffered in silence for so long. What a terrible mother I was. Living my life like normal while my son was starving...

*** These are the dreams you have when you're pregnant. This was my first one this time around. When I woke up I just held Taesya and patted her hair while she watched tv. Am I ready for this new baby? Parenthood scares the heck out of me sometimes.

2 Comments:

kalie said...

You are a great mom! I love your dream. It's like my back to school dreams--my classroom is full of students who are adults writing in permanent marker everywhere and who won't stop talking. Being a teacher scares the heck out of me sometimes! But the dreams are almost always worse than reality.

Kirk and Janelle Tingey said...

I'm having those dreams too!!! - I go to work for about a week, and then realize "oh yeah, I had a baby that I should be taking care of!!" and then I start to panic like crazy! I woke up with tears in my eyes once! I'm sure that you are an amazing mom though!! Nothing to worry about :)

Post a Comment

A Penny for your Thoughts?