8.29.2008

The Name Game

Amber Amber Bo Bamber Banana Fanna Fo Famber Mi My Mo Mamber - AMBER! (Take a second to sing your version of the name game, it will make you smile.)

The 20 week ultrasound was Wednesday; everything looked great! And we are having a boy. I'm glad, pleased... Boys are a little tough for me. Well, Canon being almost two years old is tough for me. We just aren't the best of friends right now. But when he's sleeping, or when he's actually clean, or saying "lub you" -- Those moments I can handle.

Usually we have a name solidified withing 24 hours after the gender reveal, but this time we are stumped. We have names, lists and lists and lists of names, but after 3 or 4 days of systematically analyzing each one - here we are nameless. So, if you have any suggestions... Our requirements are as follows:

1. Name must fit an infant, a teenager, and a fully grown adult.
2. Less common names get bonus points.

Any genius ideas would be appreciated. But honestly, we've got time. As everyone keeps telling me - Plenty of Time.

6 Comments:

Amber said...

Janelle Lee suggested Landon. Thanks for the ideas!

Jenilyn said...

I like the name Grant, its classic yet not so common.

Amber said...

I totally love Grant, but Ben says Grant Peck isn't good. What do you think?

kalie said...

Agreed... Grant Peck doesn't fly for me. I'll grant you a couple of my most TREASURED boy names that Kevin has nixed (I'm saving my besties for me!): I love Caleb and Todd and also Graham/Graeme (nickname Gray). But you can't have Graham because I'm working on convincing Kevin that it is the one we are using. :) I love baby names! I could talk about this subject for HOURS.

Anonymous said...

I met a little boy today named Finn

Kirk and Janelle Tingey said...

Congrats!!! We just barely found out what we were having two days ago - and we haven't told anyone yet - so you are the first!! We are having a girl! Can't wait! But, as for names for your little guy - I am sort of a common name type person - you know, matthew michael, brian, thomas. Those sort of things. But, good luck!

Post a Comment

A Penny for your Thoughts?