11.14.2008

Flash Back

In response to Kalie's tag:

10 years ago... I was in the 8th grade. I didn't make the volleyball team, again, but I was loving being a member of the Fairfield Junior High Symphonic Band. I loved school dances, had lots of friends, and held a boy's hand for the first time (Ren Pfuhl.)

7 years ago... A junior at Davis High School, I was fighting my way through AP Calculus. I had a lot of ups and downs socially and I really missed being in the marching band. I got in a car accident with a fellow student riding a dirt-bike; my first and only ticket so far.

5 years ago... I married Benjamin Rollins Peck in the Bountiful Temple on December 19, 2003. And amazingly enough, that boy still loves me!

3 years ago... We lived on Center Street in Provo and our daughter, Taesya, was six months old. We were poorer than poor, but we were happy. We bought our first tiny Christmas tree together.

1 month ago... My husband threw me a surprise birthday party! I can still feel the shock as I walked into my home and saw all those loving people. It was a birthday for the record books, I tell ya.

1 week ago... We went to Walmart together as a family. It was a rough week since Ben had three mutual activities, so this was basically our only family time. Woohoo Walmart.

1 day ago... I talked to three whole adults yesterday! Dori Tolman (West Jordan friend) came over for a play-date with her kids; had a great time. And my Visiting Teachers came over so that I could talk their ears off. It felt so good to talk to other women! Like really genuinely great.

1 hour ago... I planned my Primary lesson for Sunday. We are going to sing "A Song of Thanks," which is one of my mother's personal favorites.

1 minute ago... Ben finished the dishes. Time to go be with my hubby.

Well that was fun. I actually went through my old journals and found exactly what I was doing 10 years ago and such; I love memories. And I remembered how much I love writing, too.

1 Comments:

marciea casselman said...

Since I am not as good as you at keeping a journal, I am going to have to rely on my dimming memory to come up with the answers to my tag. Fun read!!

Post a Comment

A Penny for your Thoughts?