11.14.2008

Raising Kids: More like Watering a Seed than Molding Clay

1. I was looking out the front window. It was a new day, a gloomy one, and I was dreading the errands we'd have to run. Rainy days are such a bummer when there are places to go. So honestly I was feeling pretty mopey. Then Tae came up next to me and threw open the curtains with a smile, and after careful examination of the scene, she pronounced, "What a lovely day!" My daughter - the unfailing optimist.

2. One whole hour of raking leaves. I was working hard, hard enough that Keller (in my tummy) was probably wondering what in the world was going on. My kids were being carefully corralled in the front yard, a small reminder here and there to stay out of the street. Then I looked up to see Canon "riding" away on his tiny bicycle down the sidewalk. (He can't use the pedals, so he goes at a snail's pace.) I call to him to stay at our house, but Can-O is bent on freedom. "See ya, Mom. Trick or Treating!" And he begins his quest. My son - the determined independant.

2 Comments:

marciea casselman said...

Ha, ha. Don't you love the independence that young children display? Alyssa was my most free spirit and I was always worried she would end up at the wrong place at the wrong time.

Ashley said...

Ha ha, your kids are so funny! Great job raising such entertaining kids.

Post a Comment

A Penny for your Thoughts?