11.05.2008

A Record Keeping People

I am a journal writer. Since the day I was baptized and was given my first one, I've filled journal after journal with the emotions of my life. I love writing (by hand) and having a record of my ups and downs.

My brother, David, convinced me to start a blog. And I admit that it's something I really enjoy. It's interesting to see the difference in what I share online vs. what I keep in a journal. I feel pressure to make a blog entry more streamlined, less words more content. But it is great receiving comments and feedback from those who read my thoughts. It's been a year and a half already for our blog! Time flies.

I also love to scrapbook. This is more of an outlet for my photography, though. (My very amateur photography.) My pages are simple and they make me so happy when I look through them. Scrapbooks are full of the joyful times in life; I like to think that's what we'll be left with as we age, just the good times.

I love reading past blog entries, journal pages, and scrapbooks. My life is so full of experiences. We've had such happy times and we've survived a lot of bad times, too. Things seem pretty rough lately. But the records that I've kept make me optimistic about the future. Reading through my record I know that this too shall pass.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

A Penny for your Thoughts?