11.12.2009

Chester

Twice in the past month, one of my children has come in from the front yard smelling unpleasant. Like dog poo. So I sniff around and sure enough, somebody stepped in some.

I really really want a dog. My whole family reading this is now saying, "Why!?!" and Kalie probably is, too. But call me crazy, I want a dog.

This smell issue has seriously put a damper on my plans. I have taken poop into consideration, but without the specific odor near you, thinking of cleaning up after an animal sounds ok. With the odor--oh man, having a dog is going to be a tough one. And they never get potty trained either, so the smell is a lifelong commitment.

Of course, if I have to deal with dog poop without even owning a dog, I might as well get one and enjoy some benefits along with the mess. (I've actually walked through the pet food aisle of the grocery store to start getting a feel for being a pet owner. I'm a dork, right.) So to sum up: Smell bad, dogs good, still want a dog.

2 Comments:

sNick said...

If I was at a little more stable place in my life, I would totally have a dog. Maybe we should both settle for goldfish ;)

marciea casselman said...

I hate dogs. Bad. I personally think that all animals should be held at arm's length from my house.
So why do I have a cat? A rash decision made for a child we love. A decision that has lasted for 9 years and we are still counting.
However, I understand that people like animals and I know Kalie and Kevin love to babysit McKenzie and her adopted brother. We have even had McKenzie at our house and thought she was adorable. The best part? She didn't stay. She went home.

Post a Comment

A Penny for your Thoughts?