9.16.2010

Another one bites the dust

Bit of a goose egg, as well.
Well, she set the record.  Taesya, at age five, will go down in history as our child who lived the longest without stitches.  Canon blew his chances when he bonked his nose on the footboard of Taesya's wooden bed; he was only 15 months old.  Keller just recently sustained a trampoline injury at just shy of 18 months.  And now Tae, who was hit by a large rock while swinging, has joined the Peck Child Head Wound Hall of Fame.  

(The rock, by the way, was thrown by Taesya's dear brother, Canon, who has done his fair share of apologizing.)

Taesya was a tough girl and didn't shed a tear while the doctor patched her up.  The Urgent Care nurse was really great and made Taesya feel like the biggest girl.  I told her how cool she was to get 5 stitches and that she should tell her teacher all about it.  She sported a lovely Barbie band-aid to school this morning.   Seems like she'll be just fine.

I just sort of shake my head at this point.  It was quite the afternoon.  Being a mom and dealing with bloody injuries -- yeah, sometimes this job is not my cup of tea.  Everyone is in one piece today, though, and we're hoping to keep it that way.  If my younger brothers are any prediction of the life my kids will lead, I have plenty more injuries to look forward to in my career as a mother.  

My brother-in-law, who is currently in medical school, ought to specialize in Family Practice and move into my future neighborhood.  Don't you think so, Ash?

Canon was so little and his ouchie was front and center on his face.  He was jumping off his mattress on the ground and his head ran into his sister's bed.

He's healed up, but Canon's scar is pretty much a part of who he is now.
We don't have an initial picture of when Keller got hurt.  He was jumping on Grandma Debbie's trampoline and fell onto where the spring meets the bar.  But here he is with his bandages.
The teens in our Sunday School class say he has a Harry Potter scar.  We've yet to discover any special powers, though.
Note:  Both boys were injured from jumping and falling.  Taesya's was a little different.  Poor Jovie.  Also, this is the first accident to occur while I was in charge of the kids.  Ben jokes that people always get hurt when Daddy's watching.

5 Comments:

Ashley said...

Oh poor Tae! I was thinking about all the injuries I remember of siblings growing up... there were a lot. I guess it's just a fact of life:) Yes I would love to move back to Utah, whatever he ends up doing he'll still learn about the general stuff. I can just see me in the future, a child getting hurt and me passing out, and Scott will be busy working...

Lacy@uphillandsmiling said...

Your children are so adorable :) I don't know if it's "normal" but all of my children have spent their fair share of time in the ER getting sewed up.

marciea casselman said...

That is quite the wound. Hopefully it will heal up quickly and she'll be off and running and swinging again.

APeck said...

Good for you...I wished I would have taken our kiddos to the ER for some stitches and now they have scars. One of Koen's worse scar is right along his cheek--another sibling (which will remain nameless) sliced his face with a metal stake from the garden. Just so happened to be 5 minutes before church. Nice.

Mormon Mommy Blogs said...

Even with their big boo-boo's your children are still delicious!

~motherboard

Post a Comment

A Penny for your Thoughts?