9.02.2010

Kindergarten



Tae's officially going to school all day.  Which means that my most helpful, independent child is gone... to be helpful and independent for someone else.  Bummer.  Canon had a pretty emotional day yesterday; having to make his own decisions was tough on him, as he is used to just doing whatever Taesya does.  But me and my little boys will adjust.  Keller will learn to copy Canon and I will teach them both to become helpful and independent in time.

She had a great first day.  She was most excited to tell me about quiet time when they all slept.  And they colored; she mentioned that as well.  Back to School Night was basically just a review of all the paperwork they'd already sent home to read, but it was nice to see her in her little Kindergarten environment.  Tae's the kind of kid that absolutely loves school; learning new things and having other kids to talk to--it's her perfect set up.

We have to get in the routine of drop-offs and pick-ups.  Then Canon will start preschool next week and add two more car trips.  I hope this just becomes natural after a while.  My big belly isn't really helping, though, with the ins and outs--it's tiring.

My oldest child is in Kindergarten; I am proud of the sweet little girl she has become.  I hope she brings joy to everyone around her, like she does to me.  I love you, Tae.

6 Comments:

Ashley said...

Oh cute! I love 1st day of school pictures!

Amylee said...

I can't believe you have a kid in kindergarten! Is she at an all day kindergarten? I'm sure after years and years of practice that being a chauffer will be second nature.

Lara Neves said...

I cried for weeks when my oldest started Kindergarten. She's so cute in her uniform! (First day of school pictures are my FAVORITE!)

kalie said...

She is all grown up! And so are you. :)

kalie said...

Aw, she's all growed up! And so are we. When did that happen?

Kim Walker Mortensen said...

So cute Tae!!!

Post a Comment

A Penny for your Thoughts?