3.31.2009

Big Finish

Woo hoo! It's Tuesday night again and here comes my Idol review. Honestly, I don't know who reads or cares about my opinions, but I truly enjoy reviewing these performances. It makes me happy.

Speaking of happy, I want to focus on the good this week, rather than the bad or the ugly. (Although, can I please say that Allison's dress did sort of... detract from her talent.)

What a great week for Danny Gokey (What Hurts the Most.) He chooses great song after great song. And when he adds his cool Gokey voice, who could NOT love Danny? I tell you what, I sure do. That performance almost made me cry.

Allison Iraheta (Don't Speak) is really talented. I think that she shares that great, sort of rugged tone, that Danny has. They just have unique voices. And Allison is a fun performer; I get a kick out of watching her. She loves that stage.

And man, the grand finale of the evening - - - drum roll, please - - - Kris Allen (Ain't No Sunshine) was killer tonight! He's an artist and he is an original. I just might need to download that song and I am voting, for sure. The judges are right, Kris is on a roll.

:) Yep, happy.

2 Comments:

marciea casselman said...

I have to agree with you on Kris Allen. I LOVED his version of that song. What it did for him was put him in the top contenders with Adam and Danny. Megan was a complete disaster (sorry), Lil was OK, not great. Allison did pretty good. Boyd loved her hair, mostly because he hates the swoop thing she does with her bangs.
Interestingly enough, I wasn't crazy about Adam's song, but it was entertaining.
Even though the judges didn't like Matthew's Fray song, I thought it was pretty good.
Danny Gokey was totally hot all the way around, and I even enjoyed Scott's song. He looked so much better with his new "do".
And please, can we vote Anoop off?
I'm with you, downloading Kris's song is a great idea. I'll tell Brock to get right on it!!!

marciea casselman said...

Hey, no comments on the results? Seriously, I really would have preferred that Anoop went on his merry way, but I think that Megan was ready to go home. She's not going to win anyway so why not leave now?
Right?

Post a Comment

A Penny for your Thoughts?