9.26.2009

Canon is morning person.



My son Canon is almost 3 years old and there are a few things that I have learned about my boy. He likes to wear his shoes at all times, he is afraid of most Disney villains, and he is a definite morning person.

It's a Saturday and everyone is asleep. Canon shows up in my bed (on Ben's side that is usually vacant during these freelance times) and he wants me to be awake. I'm tired and I need to read my scriptures before I get out of bed. So Canon leaves. Then I hear him open the fridge, open himself a yogurt, get a spoon out of the drawer and sit at the kitchen table. He comes in a few minutes later to ask me what flavor of yogurt he has been eating (the name Lime seems to make him happy). He returns to the kitchen and I hear him clean up after himself when he is done. Yogurt in the garbage, spoon in the sink.

Keller starts to cry a little, from his bed (laying on Ben, on the couch--again, this is normal for us lately) and Ben doesn't seem to respond. So Canon goes to Keller, talks to him nicely and puts his binky in his mouth. Then Canon takes himself to the bathroom and only bothers me to help him find some underwear out of the clean laundry.

He was sweet, independent, and quiet the whole time. He whispered whenever he came to ask me something. What a cutie, right? This morning routine isn't something we've taught Canon; he's just realized that he will always be awake first and adapted, I guess. I'm proud of him and it makes me smile thinking of his cute morning. :) my Canon Peck.

3 Comments:

Kim Walker Mortensen said...

He is getting ready for a mission already!

Ashley said...

I like this post!

Savannah said...

I love the way you write :) and what a sweetheart...

Post a Comment

A Penny for your Thoughts?