10.09.2009

Health Insurance Drama

DE-nied by Select Health because of my postpartum depression. They automatically deny new applications for anyone with an unresolved condition. So until I'm off medication and done going to therapy, I am a liability. Are we the only people who think this is wrong?

So we called Regence and odds look better there. Send another application, make a billion phone calls, and wait - hopefully to be accepted this time. It's a weird feeling to have someone tell me that they will accept my husband and my children but not me, because of something that was never my fault. I didn't choose to be sick.

Feeling a huge sense of injustice this morning.

3 Comments:

Boyd M said...

The same would happen to me with a Kidney Disease. I had to piggy back off the insurance we had to get new insurance and then all new decisions involve this worry.

marciea casselman said...

This is absolutely the case with us. Insurance will deny you for the slightest thing. I'm denied for my swollen joints I had 6 years ago, Alyssa is denied, and Boyd is denied. It's how they make money...insuring the healthy. :)
Don't worry. You'll find something.

Leslie said...

There is so much wrong with the health insurance system. If you ever went to the doctor for anything in the last five years they want to reject you. I don't know what but something must be done. I applaud states who are starting to charge people extra for making unhealthy choices (smoking, obesity, etc.) but they need to see that most health problems have nothing to do with the choices we make. Good luck!

Post a Comment

A Penny for your Thoughts?