10.07.2009

Lost in Translation

We were driving through the mess of construction up in Sugarhouse today. I was getting annoyed and wondering how many more orange cones the earth can really hold, when Canon randomly shouted, "Taking drugs!"

What?! I thought to myself, Where in the world did he hear that?

Following the blinking lighted arrows to merge onto I-80, I was really perplexed by Canon's enthusiastic outburst. But slowly the translation became clear, Canon hadn't been talking about drugs at all. He had been excited about the "Digging trucks!" Boy I felt silly - Sigh of relief and a little bit of laughter.

2 Comments:

Ashley said...

Funny! It was fun talking to you and your kids on Skype today!

marciea casselman said...

That is funny. I like listening to little children express themselves, even if it is garbled at times.

Post a Comment

A Penny for your Thoughts?