1.17.2010

My baby turned 1

Warning: I get all goo-goo-y when I talk about Keller.  He's my baby and I just adore his chubby little self.  Today he turned one year old.



Keller seemed like a long-awaited blessing, since my pregnancy before him ended in miscarriage.  We were wishing for a baby and I was praying for a little peacemaker in our home, a little joyful child.  I got pretty impatient during the last trimester, too, when everyone kept asking if I was due yet - and my tummy was so gigantic.

Finally he came.  I went into labor watching John Bytheway on tv (That image is burned in my head) around 8:00 at night and Keller arrived at 2 am.  We were so thrilled to have him.  And now my little angel has been in our home for whole year now.

He's grown so much.  Today, he walks, points, claps, waves, bounces, crawls, dives down steps, eats very cautiously-- I think he said hello today... He's just so so big.

Oh... that makes me so sad, though.  I don't feel like I paid enough attention, that there were things I maybe missed, and now his whole first year is over.  I hope I'll be able to remember what my sweet little boy was like as a baby.  I just love him so.

I know, so so gushy.  But truly, Keller Davis has been a blessing in my life.  Sometimes I think that my depression is the price I had to pay to be able to have Kel in my life; if so, it is so worth it.  I would suffer anything to have that boy in my arms.  He is a joy and a peacemaker in our home.  He makes me smile every single day.

Happy Birthday, Keller Bug; Mommy loves you so much.

2 Comments:

marciea casselman said...

One year old. Wow. I haven't visited your blog for awhile and I'm sorry. I just need to put your info on my blog rather than the back road through Kalie's blog.
Congratulations on having a cute one year old. He is adorable.

sNick said...

That is one cute kid.

Post a Comment

A Penny for your Thoughts?