2.14.2010

"Playin' is Awesome. Awesome a bawsome."

(Tae is singing this as I type...)

I was laying on the couch with a headache.  Canon was making robot sounds which had something to do with flicking his tongue really fast between his teeth; it's like rolling your R's in spanish.  I couldn't duplicate the sound and neither could Tae, but Ben picked it up pretty quick.  It kind of sounded like when a mechanic is tightening the bolts on your tires.

This sound became the beginning of a giant wrestling match.  Ben would karate chop, and tickle, and flip the kids, all while making the "robot sound." It was madness.  Keller came over to observe the craziness, gave a little yell and held out his hand to ask for a snack.  Then he sat quietly and sucked on a ripe green pear while the kids giggled, screamed, and rolled all over Ben.  I think it was the contrast that struck me; seriously little Keller looked on with a pear sticking half-way out of his mouth....

So I laid on the couch and laughed, with my head still sore.  My family is great.  And y'know, today hasn't really even been a good day.  But in that window of time, I couldn't have asked for anything more.  That was just what I want out of life; I have everything I need.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

A Penny for your Thoughts?