2.18.2010

The radio is talking to me

"Watchin' my heart break a little bit more..."  The past two weeks when I am driving home from Group Therapy, I have heard this line in a song by Mat Kearney.  It totally fits Group.

(For those of you who didn't know this, I attend therapy on a weekly basis with other women who deal with depression and anxiety issues.  It sounds weird, but it's been really good for me.)

What I learned today, and which applies to the lyrics in that song, is that sometimes we have to break down what existed in order to build something better.  Kind of like building a muscle, or fixing a bone that has grown crooked.  Today's group was the painful, breaking-down part = lots of emotion.  And I didn't like it.

I'm working on becoming better and happier, but things are kind of tough on the road to that goal.  It does feel like my heart is breaking.  But I think (now, while I'm typing, but not while I was sitting there blubbering) that it's going to turn out good in the end.  (Hopefully sooner than "the end," actually.)  Growth is tough; don't you think?

My abs are super sore from working out yesterday, almost to the point that I feel nauseous.  But I put my hands on my tummy and know that those muscles will be stronger soon.  My emotional muscles are just sore from the work out; and think how good looking my emotional self will be after all this work.  (Insert flirty whistle here.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

A Penny for your Thoughts?