2.08.2010

Why I do what I do

Ben's at a meeting with a client; he has our only vehicle.  So I guess that means I get to wake up Keller, load up the wagon, and walk to Taesya's school.  :(  It's not that bad, but I'm just not in the mood today.  One car takes a lot more thought than two.

Earlier, when I dropped Tae off, I watched her sitting on the preschool's little rug.  She was putting together a puzzle with one of her friends.  She was so excited to be back at school, since she missed so many days from being sick.  I'm glad that Taesya enjoys school; she really lights up in that place.

I'm not really a fan of laundry, dishes, cooking, loading up kids in car seats -- But I do these things.  Why?  I do it cuz I love my kids, I love my Ben and my Father in Heaven.  I made a commitment that I would care for my children and our home.  But I really can't get through all the tasks simply by thinking that I have to; I need to look to my true motivation.  So I will walk to Taesya's school, knowing that she'll be so happy to see me and the boys there.  I'll pay the bills and make the food and do what I gotta do.  Because I love them.  :)  And all those little jobs will help them to know that I do.

1 Comments:

marciea casselman said...

Oh the days of walking everywhere. I did that alot when we had one car. And yes, we all get sick of doing meals, laundry and cleaning. I get inspiration from Flora Benson (President Benson's wife) who said that she finds joy in monotony. I have tried to do the same...finding joy in monotony.

Post a Comment

A Penny for your Thoughts?