4.08.2010

Damage Control

I fell asleep on the couch and Ben left for a meeting.  I woke up to a muddy toddler in my face.

Ran to kitchen,
mud everywhere,
dog and child prints.
Undressed the toddler
put him in the shower with toys.
Told myself to breathe,
not get mad.
Two other kids enter
with muddiness.
All three put into the shower.
Pile of muddy clothes in the hamper.
Wiped down the muddy dog,
he really wants to lick my face
Hot water runs out
Whining kids each toweled and dressed.
Three kids plopped in front of tv.
With string cheese.
Dog wants to be petted.
I eat string cheese.
Wipe up a little bit of muddy evidence.
Floor is still a mess.

Missing the couch.  I don't even want to know what the backyard looks like.

3 Comments:

Kim Walker Mortensen said...

Glad I was not there!

Kim Walker Mortensen said...

Glad I was not there!

Courtney Ruth said...

They were probably having a pretty sweet mud volleyball game with their skills i've tought them.

Post a Comment

A Penny for your Thoughts?