5.12.2010

Blockhead


The kids are watching Charlie Brown Christmas.  And, sadly, I am finding Charlie Brown incredibly relatable.  The way he's talking sounds familiar... the negative outlook, expecting the worst, assuming everyone will be disappointed... I have become Charlie Brown.  I don't want to be Charlie Brown.  This thought needs some pondering.

A few more similarities: Keller carries around his "pathetic" blanket all the time, Taesya talks a lot like bossy know-it-all Lucy, and lastly we have a dog.  (Although our dog is remarkably unremarkable compared to Snoopy.)

Sorry for the lame post.  Wait, did that sound like Charlie Brown again?  Good grief.

3 Comments:

Michal Thompson said...

When I feel like that, I just think- it can only get better from here right? I am so sorry, I hope warm weather comes and stays and I hope you start to feel better soon!

Kim Walker Mortensen said...

Good observation and I had to laugh at the ending! I think we all sound like Charlie Brown sometimes! Good reminder to be more positive in our life, we do have so many blessings.

Stephanie said...

I say good grief about 100 times a day. I think Charlie Brown and I have more in common than I'd like to admit.

Post a Comment

A Penny for your Thoughts?