5.31.2010

Just one wish...

If I could keep my baby out of the dog food and my dog out of my baby's food--that would be nice.

Keller is getting sneakier and more creative in his use of the dog kibble.  This morning I heard little metallic tinks over and over; found out that Keller had put all of Riley's breakfast into the sink piece by piece.  Then later he got into my friend's dog's food; and hers really smelled.

And Riley (our dog) will nab just about anything that Keller holds out at arms length.  I simply can't get my 16 month old child to understand defensive eating tactics.  Riley doesn't even try to get my food, but he watches Keller like a hawk.

Right now I feel like I have two toddlers; and I would now recommend, to anyone who asks me, that you hold out on dog purchases until your children are no longer classified as "babies."  Because I have a lot of immature/primitive brains around here; and this food battle seems never-ending.

If only my words could make a difference, and one of them would look at me with understanding and obedience.  "Ok, Mom, I won't touch that food anymore."  Problem solved.  Wishing wishing.

2 Comments:

marciea casselman said...

At least dog food has nutritional value. I'll take my child getting into dog food over the cat's litter box any day of the week.

Amber said...

Luckily, Keller doesn't eat the food, he just makes messes with it. I guess it could always be worse, huh.

Post a Comment

A Penny for your Thoughts?