8.20.2010

Hot and Cold

After a borderline frustrating trip to Smith's today with all three kids, I pulled into my driveway and felt the air conditioning on my face.  Should I even go in?  I thought.  It was so hot outside and I still had to unload the groceries.  But I wasn't alone in the car, the kids were there, and anxious to get out some energy.  So I gave a big sigh and announced my usual, "We're home!"

Now they are in the backyard with popsicles and sidewalk chalk.  They're crazy for wanting to be out there; even the dog knows it's much cooler in here.  Not as cool as the car, though.  I got the groceries in the house and now I'm just waiting, melting, for Ben to get home.  I'm going to a family gathering for females only tonight; Tae and I are going.  I know it will be nice to see everyone and it's good to get out of the house, but I'm going to miss Ben.

I can remember feeling this way since we first got married.  I just want to be with him all the time.  He makes everything better and easier.  He's like the whip cream on top of life and I love him to bits.  Work's been really busy this week (his "real" job, and his side work as well) so he's pretty occupied.  I miss him.  I want to watch a movie with him and hold hands.  But it'll have to wait until another day.

Oh, how slowly the minutes tick by when you are waiting.  I should have a popsicle.

2 Comments:

Michal Thompson said...

I am so sorry, it is so hard feeling like the only time you get to be with your hubby is while you sleep. You need to have a date!

Hannah Neville McMillan said...

I totally agree! WHen my girl friends suggest having a "girls night" I'm like... ummmmm pretty sure I'd rather be cuddling with my husband!!! ;)

Post a Comment

A Penny for your Thoughts?