8.06.2010

Let's get Physical

The good news for today is that my exercise routine is working.  I have gained less weight this time around than I have any of my previous pregnancies.  Boy it was great to hear that, because working out is like pulling teeth right now.  It is tough to get going, but I feel proud afterward.  And today I feel especially proud: 12 pounds instead of the usual 20+ is a definite improvement.  Yay me.

I've been trying to do something active every week day.

Mondays:  Walk on treadmill while Tae's at tumbling
Tuesdays:  Prenatal yoga DVD at home
Wednesdays:  1 hour workout at the gym, half cardio, half resistance
Thursdays:  Water aerobics
Fridays:  Pregnancy exercises and stretches from What to Expect

Plus I walk the dog every other day for as far as I can handle.

I think exercise is nice during pregnancy because my motivation changes.  There's no way I'm going to lose weight, so I think a lot more about getting my heart pumping, working my muscles, becoming more healthy.  It's like I'm putting money into a bank that will eventually make this baby that much better off in life.  Why I suddenly care about being active, considering that this is my fourth time doing this?  No idea.  Weird.  I guess it was just time.

Anyways, I just wanted to share that I'm doing something good and it's paying off.  So glad.

4 Comments:

Connor Thompson said...

I love finally getting results!

Connor Thompson said...

fyi it's me, michal

marciea casselman said...

Exercise is the best. It makes me a nice and happy person. Good job for you.

Hannah Neville McMillan said...

ummm it boogles my mind that you almost have FOUR KIDS!!!!!!!!!!!!! and congrats! ;)

Post a Comment

A Penny for your Thoughts?