8.19.2010

No interesting title

It's a Thursday and I am feeling shlumpy.  So I thought, what the heck, let's post some pictures and write some random nothingness.  And by "let's" I obviously mean just me.  So behold Thursday thoughts.  And p.s. formatting in Blogger gives me grief; oh so much heartache. 

  

Canon is having a tough life right now.  Every time I say he can't have or do something that he wants to, he cries and whines and it's the end of the world.  He thinks he can convince me if he tells me, "But mom, I really really wanted a drink of juice."  Oh, I think sarcastically to myself, if only I had known that you really really wanted that thing--my decision would have been so much different.  The picture above in the carseat was after he cried himself to sleep over some issue.  25 minutes later, he woke up crying again,  picking up his argument exactly where he had left off.  


Luckily, though, he does still have moments of happiness.  The other day, he was so proud to show his little brother how well he could get dressed, which then inspired Keller to follow his example.  It was a wonderful brother moment.  Those two are so goofy together at the breakfast table, by the way.

     

We went to a Peck Family Reunion in Heber last weekend and had a good ole' time.  The kids loved being outside and getting dirty.  This is the swing/ripcord thing that all the kids spend their time on.  It was real camping, apparently, because when I held Taesya that night, I realized she'd wet herself at some point earlier in the day.  "I dried all off, though, mom," she said.  Oh well.  Our dog, Lacey, loved roaming free with all the other Peck dogs.  She scared some of the other kids, though, since she was the only dog larger than the size of a cat.  


Keller tasted a pinecone, which was not as delicious as the watermelon that he spent most of his time eating.  Keller is learning to talk currently.  It's adorable, for sure, but it's getting exhausting for me.  He thinks that he has to report every thing that he sees, does, or wants, to me.  ALL DAY LONG.  It's great practice for him.  I'm encouraging him to go tell Taesya and Canon about things sometimes.


Canon hugged my baby belly yesterday.  It was cute.  I rocked Keller to sleep last night and felt that big boy next to my tiny little girl; it was a nice moment.  I love my kids and I feel truly blessed in life right now.  Daily life is beyond redundant right now, but I'm doin' my best.  Kids start school soon!  That'll be a change.  Ch-ch-ch-changes.

1 Comments:

marciea casselman said...

Those pictures of Tae and Cannon on the zipline are interesting because they look so much like each other. Super cute.

Post a Comment

A Penny for your Thoughts?