4.29.2009

Right now I'm reading

A Very Long Engagement
Sebastien Japrisot
          *Quite a page turner.  I couldn't wait to see how the story would unfold.  Beautifully written, too.  I loved it.

Plain Truth
 Jodi Picoult
          *Another intense plot.  The language wasn't as poetic as Japrisot, but the characters were likeable and you really felt for them.  Enjoyed it quite a bit.  Kindof wish the ending was different.  Oh well.

A Girl Named Zippy
Haven Kimmel
          *Fun and interesting.  A cute character, similar to Scout from Mockingbird.  Some of her descriptions are hilarious, like, "would've made a pirate weep."  A delight.

Common Sense Parenting of Toddlers and Preschoolers
Bridget A. Barnes
Steven M. York, M.H.D.
          *Good stuff in here.  But when I put the book down, I forget what I've read.  And it's more from an expert's point of view, rather than a parent's.  Still reading; we'll see.

2 Comments:

marciea casselman said...

What?!!! No American Idol updates?!! Did you not think that Danny Gokey was fantastic last night? I always think he is good but last night he was fabulous. I was clapping out loud at the end of his number.
Pretty much everyone is so good that it's difficult to want anyone to leave. My guess for tonight........Matthew.

kalie said...

I heart the Japrisot. The movie stars Audrey Tatou... if you can find it edited. RATED R! But they made her just use crutches, not a wheelchair, in the movie, and that was it for KalieRae. What are the others? Like, maybe give some details, girl! :)

Post a Comment

A Penny for your Thoughts?