6.07.2010

Not quite done

It's been a long day of mommy-ness and it is not over yet.  My energy is gone; wish I could just lay my head down for a little while.  But I have to take Taesya to tumbling at 5:00, then off to preschool graduation.  Canon has teeball orientation at 6:15, which hopefully Ben will be able to take him to.  It's Ben's first day at his new job and I'm not sure when to expect him home.  As long as it's before teeball...

And somewhere in there, I should probably feed my family.  No idea really how that's going to work.  Maybe we could grab a couple Jamba Juices and call it good.

I got through the day pretty well, for me.  I'm not really awesome at this mom stuff currently, but today was above average for me, I'd say.  So I just gotta get through this evening, get those busy kids into bed, and then I can crash.  I'm reading a new book, so I'm excited to get back to it.  It's called Pillars of the Earth.  Just finished The Book Thief and cried a river at the end.  (Did you finish it, Ash?)

Just keep swimmin'.

6 Comments:

Ben Peck said...

You did awesome today hun. You even let the kids go swimming and I can totally tell that you were a great Mom today!

Ashley said...

Wow, sounds like you had a busy day. That's fun that your kids are getting involved in activities. I bet Canon will do great in T-Ball! Good job on being a great mom! No, I haven't finished the Book Thief yet... I am kind of taking a break from it, I haven't gotten into it. I think I am still too early in the book. I am kind of reading 3 books at a time now haha: The Book Thief, Half the Sky, and 1984. Maybe I should narrow it down to one book... I'll keep going with the Book Thief, everyone says it's good, just haven't gotten to the good parts yet.

kalie said...

Pillars is good, but after a while I had to skip all of the William scenes. You'll see what I mean when you get there. Ken Follet can be kinda explicit. Book Thief is beautiful. LOVE ZUZAK!

APeck said...

Wait...did I miss where Ben's new job is? Details please. By the way, totally would not tell Taesya about the party but that's just me. The fewer people know the better--my philosophy on the donuts in the cupboard and forgetting things.

Amber said...

#1 - I loved the Book Thief from page one, the writing was just phenomenal to me.

#2 - I am now afraid to read Pillars of the Earth, since Kalie said it's explicit. So I'm reading Five Quarters of the Orange instead.

#3 - Ben is now working at a place called Swarm Builder. It's dowtown and he likes it so far. He can definitely give you more details than me.

marciea casselman said...

I think having a book to look forward to at the end of the day is delicious. I have just bought a new book, and have one waiting for me at the library. I read one from the ship library while on our cruise and didn't enjoy it. I think it's good to discover new authors and decide if you like them or not.

Post a Comment

A Penny for your Thoughts?