5.14.2009

Famine throughout the Land

My children are snack-a-holics.  And today I realized that I seriously need some advice!

All day long they ask me for things to eat.  Imagine breakfast, lunch, dinner, plus like 6-7 requests for snacks a day.  AAAAA!  Part of it is boredom, I know, but can those two really be as hungry as they say?  I've thought about creating a way that they can access snacks on their own, I've considered prepping lots and lots of healthy snacks the night before... I'm worn out by the whole thing.

Basically I need ideas of healthy and fun snacks,
Ideas about how you monitor snacking habits, 
for yourself or your kids,
And I just need a good dose of overall encouragement.

What do you snack on?  And how do I convince my kids that they are not truly starving?  

4 Comments:

kalie said...

I guess you could always consider not feeding them. At all. See how that goes.

Or make them earn snacks through hard labor or prolonged quiet time or other impossible tasks.

Or, you could just do what I do when one of my students asks me for something I don't want to give them. I look at them benignly and say, "No." And then when they ask again, I say, "No." You may have to say it a million times, but who cares? At least you can say
"No" from a sitting position. It is hard to sit and get snax at the same time.

I know this advice is completely worthless, but I have no kids, so there you go.

sNick said...

I was about to say something sarcastic, but Kalie beat me to it. That's what you get for asking people with no kids for advice ;). How are you, my dear Amber? It's been too long.

marciea casselman said...

Are you not dying for tonight. I was watching in breathless anticipation last night at the final performances.
I don't know.........Adam could win the whole thing.
I don't worry either way. The publicity that these guys have received will boost them a great distance no matter what happens.

Jenilyn said...

I have a little basket in the cupboard and fridge with those snack sized baggies with a little snack in them and Wes gets one between breakfast and lunch and one between lunch and dinner. He gets to choose which ever one he wants, which he loves.

Also today my sisters and I decided to get together and make our own trail mix, each bringing an item to add, I think it will be a good snack option.

Also sometimes kids just need a big glass of water.

Post a Comment

A Penny for your Thoughts?