5.07.2009

Keeps spinnin' round and round

Realized today that the world never stops.  Even if I'm having a bad day.

Regardless of whether I'm in a good mood or not, life goes on.  The sun comes up, the kids get hungry, things get dirty, and I have to kick myself back into gear.  The life of a mother is non-stop and even when you wish you could just take a break, kids need you 24/7.  So I've developed a survival mode; it's kind-of like when you drive somewhere without having any memory of how you got there, I can operate on autopilot when my pilot is out of commission.

I don't think this is a bad thing.  I think Heavenly Father gave us the ability to get through tough things the best we can.  It's like on Sundays, I can always somehow muster the energy to teach music in a fun way to my primary kids.  I don't know where that reserve comes from, but I'm grateful for it.  Cuz life doesn't wait for me to be ready.  It just keeps going and going and going...

2 Comments:

marciea casselman said...

That is such a fun calling; one that requires tons of creativity and energy. I'm sure you do a wonderful job.
Yes, life does keep going, even when your kids DON'T need you 24/7.
(yes, it actually happens)
We have been gone for 5 days to Arizona and the house was not only still standing, it was pretty clean.

Jenilyn said...

Ha, I wish I had developed that by now. Like today, I couldnt do anything, too tired, and worn out, I just watched a movie with Wes and now he is asleep so Im going to bed too.

Post a Comment

A Penny for your Thoughts?