3.15.2010

Mean people

I had a super crummy night at play practice last week.  I was trying my best to stay positive, I really was, but when someone is being a jerk, it's tough.  Backstage at a play is hectic: moving set pieces on and off, running from one side of the stage to the other, getting ready, avoiding collisions.  It's a crazy environment.
But to me, that heightens the need for teamwork and understanding; others, I have found, react with snappiness and contempt.  So, I got my fill of mean-hearted chastisement backstage.  

I just feel like there are better ways to say things.  Really.  You can teach people the proper way to do things in a kind tone of voice.  

My sister Ashley had a run-in with a mean person this week, too.  And it made me sad to hear about.  I suppose I don't know the background on these mean folks; perhaps they are going through a hard time in life.  I suppose I haven't seen them in another setting, one where they are quite kind.  All I have are these short examples from which to form my opinions.  

But couldn't they have spoken kinder?  Hmm?  Couldn't they have paused before they snapped at others?  "Where you plant a rose, my lad, a thistle cannot grow."


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

A Penny for your Thoughts?