3.25.2010

Opposition in all Things

Spring has come and I am overjoyed!  The sunlight and the energy of Spring lifts me up.  I can send my kids into the backyard again; they can dig holes in the garden to their heart's content.  (As long as they wash up when they come inside.)  I'm really glad that Spring is here.

In Glendale, Spring means a few negative things, though.  It means that all the troublemakers have awoken from hibernation, and they leave their mark on the local stores, fences, and traffic signs.  Graffiti gets cleaned up fast around here, but I always get a sick feeling in my stomach when I see it.  It makes me sad that someone could have such disregard for those around them.  Spring and Summer makes these people restless, I guess.

Completely unrelated, yesterday I saw two separate people retrieving used cigarettes off of the sidewalk, and then pocketing them for later use.  It was odd because I'd never seen this before and now I saw it twice in one day.  Is it the economy?  Maybe they were trying to save a buck by recycling cigarettes from strangers?  I felt bad for them that they needed this drug so much.

Our front planters have sprouted daffodils, which I must say are a terribly happy flower.  That bright yellow just shouts glee.  Funny how the dandelions are the same color.  To children, dandelions are flowers and are as valuable as daffodils.  So according to Taesya's definition, we have 5 pretty yellow flowers in our planter.

I've had almost a week off of the play that I am in.  It's been nice to stay home and forget about scene changes, and makeup, and bobby pins.  The break did me good and now I am excited to go back.  Tomorrow night I will again be back at The Children's Theater downtown.  It is a gem of a theater and I love it there.


Have you ever thought how a drink of water wouldn't taste as great if you hadn't gotten thirsty first?  Or how your teeth wouldn't feel so great clean if they'd never gotten dirty?  Or how a warm blanket would mean so much less without the cold?  Keller is still working on getting a mouthful of teeth for himself, and he's having a tough time along the way.  Teeth come after the pain.  Opposition--man oh man.

The dandelions accompany the daffodils, and the graffiti multiplies with the sunshine.  I'm starting to get it.  I am grateful for the Spring.

1 Comments:

marciea casselman said...

So you live in Glendale? I didn't know that. Now you and Kalie both live in Glendale and it only takes 12 hours to get from one to the other. :)
I'm glad you are enjoying your play.

Post a Comment

A Penny for your Thoughts?